Friday, September 05, 2008

September 5, 2008

Homework:
None

Today:
Photography Friday
Work time on their essays

Today we started Photography Friday. I will give a longer explanation at another time. Basically, I use the Week in Pictures from MSNBC.com. I do various activities with the pictures trying to get the students to do higher order thinking. It is also like art appreciation. I am trying to get them to appreciate what good photography looks like. Photographers view the world through its details. I hope by showing students how photographers compose their shots, they will pay closer attention to the details around themselves.

The essay is due at the end of class Tuesday. Some students want to write the draft at home. The piece must be turned in hand written. Those who are finished will work on something else on Tuesday while we have a writing time.

I will hand out vocab books Monday. Students will have vocab homework most nights from now on. The homework schedule will be posted on the calendar on my website.