Friday, September 12, 2008

September 12, 2008

Homework:
None

Today:
Sections 3,6,and 7
I focused on making sure the students understood their vocabulary responsibilities. I had a little drawing. Those who had all three exercises done were entered into a silly drawing. There was a corner of a sheet they used for their answers. I told them, if your sheet did not get cut up, you were missing some work. They need to make up that work.

Then they took a practice vocab test. I called it a scrimmage. Since we are halfway through the unit, they only needed to get about a 60% on the test. This way they know if they need to focus a little harder next week.

Sections 1 and 2
We reviewed the Completing the Sentence in the vocab book discussing context clues. Then I handed out the student guidelines for the Playwrights Festival. We read the first page which was clarifying character and conflict. We had fun discussing ideas. We used the Photography Friday exercise to practice coming up with an idea for their play. I will explain this more as the days go by.