Wednesday, September 10, 2008

September 10, 2008

Homework:
Sections 1 and 2, Choosing the Right Word with context clues
Section 3, Choosing the Right Word 11-20 with context clues
Section 6, none
Section 7, none

Today:
Daily Drill for all but section 7. We had an assembly.
I am taking the students through how I expect them to do the vocab homework.
We put the pictionaries on the board and guessed them. Then I showed them how I would like them to do the Choosing the Right Word. Basically, there are two words that they can pick from. However, the choice should be easier because there are clues in the sentence. The hardest assignment is the Completing the Sentence. I will help them with that tomorrow.

I also collected the diagnostic essays. We did not get to share the essays because we ran out of time. I did get to share my essay with two classes. I will read it to the others tomorrow.