Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11, 2008

Homework:
Sections 1 and 2- Completing the Sentence 1-10
Section 3- have the pictionaries, synonyms, and choosing done on the sheet I gave you today
Sections 6 and 7, finish the Choosing on the sheet and enter key words

Today:
Daily Drill
Sections 3,6,7- I spent extra time today making sure the students understand what I want when we do the Choosing the Right Word. They must identify the context clues. It is not a guessing game. There are words in the sentence that give clues to the right answer. I would like them to write that down on their sheet. Also, I gave these students a sheet to keep everything organized. The students who borrowed the book have their work all over. I will post the sheet in the future, but it has a space for me to sign off that they have completed all their work. This way they will know what homework assignments they have completed. On Friday, those students who have completed all three assignments can cut off the bottom to have a drawing for something small. I hope it motivates some to get organized.

Sections 1 and 2
I briefly introduced the Young Playwrights Festival to them today. I want to have the students begin brainstorming ideas tomorrow. We also did vocab and listened to a few students read their pieces.