Tuesday, October 07, 2008

October 7, 2008

Homework
1,2:
Pages 46,47,48
I am encouraging students to really get started on writing the play.  I explained that they should be blocking out the play.  I am posting the script for the play we watched in class as an example to start with.  Since we have seen the play, I hope that reading the script will help the students think about staging their play.

3,6,7:
Pictionaries 11-20 and synonyms unit 3

Today
1,2:
We reviewed the homework for the 1-3 review unit
Another set of students presented their play ideas and we discussed the staging.
I asked them to do a sketch of the opening of the play.  In other words, the lights have just gone up.  What does the audience see when your play begins.  I am going to keep encouraging the students to work hard to get their plays written.  I feel like the October 24 deadline is approaching too fast!

3,6,7:
Daily Drill
Listened to 11-20 unit 3
Continued to record the students reading their essays. 
We still have at least one more day of reading, possibly two.
I plan to start reading their essays soon since I have to start planning the next essay!