Thursday, October 02, 2008

October 2, 2008

Homework
1,2:
Quiz on Unit 3
Have all vocab work done
Think about some of the ideas Matt gave us in class

3,6,7:
The good draft of the picture essay is due!

Today
1,2:
Matt from the Delaware Theatre Company came in to help us with our plays.  He began by getting the kids on stage to experience some improvisation.   You can see some pictures on this page.  Then he helped the students to flesh out the stories from their three sentence proposals.  I will be reading through those ideas soon.  It was nice to hear from Matt that we are farther ahead than many classes.  Good, because I feel like we don't have a lot of time to finish!  I am using the proposal as a small grade.

3,6,7
Daily Drill
We discussed the requirements for the essay due tomorrow.
SSW time to write

I told the students that they will get 100 points for the essay long enough and handed in on time.  Then they will get 50 points to record the essay in front of the class (I will post these later).  Then I will score the essay as a DSTP essay: 4,3,2,1.  Each of the scores will represent a letter grade on a 100 point scale.  My essays are big grades.  They must be include the ideas we have been covering: introductions, 5 senses, dialog. This is the first essay, so they are still learning what I require.