Saturday, October 18, 2008

October 17, 2008

Homework
1,2:
The rough draft of the play is due Monday.  There are some useful links on www.mrboz.com 

3,6,7:
None

Today
1,2:
We reviewed the formatting of the typed play.  We did not go into too much detail because there is a template on the DYPF page.  We also looked at a few minutes of a finalist from last year from the DYPF.  The lesson for the day was to try to get the dialogue to be more than just a quick back and forth.  I play to post some videos of what some students have written so far.  I hope to have that up today if possible.

3,6,7:
Daily drill.  I got them started on the next writing topic.  I will have a formal page up on the web site Monday or Tuesday.  There will be no vocab next week because I want to dedicate out time next week to lessons on writing and giving them time to write.  Students need large chunks of time to organize their thoughts, so there will be plenty of SSW time.
 :)