Monday, October 30, 2006

October 30, 2006

I updated a few things on the web page. The next assignment is listed, and I have shown that grades have been updated recently. The marking period ends this week. I have three grades that need to go in the book: participation, units 1-3 quiz, and the GoMYAccess score on the favorite person essay. I should have the grades done by Friday. I will send out an e-mail.

The goal for this week is to continue our study of sentences and write the next essay on "The Highwayman." The poem and prompt are difficult, but I love the story! I know the students will appreciate the story after we have studied it, but the essay will require some thought. You can see the prompt for yourself if you go to the my web page. We will listen to a dramatic reading of the poem eventually.

I also handed out the homework schedule for the month of November. It is also listed on the web page.