Friday, October 20, 2006

October 19th and 20th, 2006

Class is proceeding swimmingly. (I don't really know what that means, come to think about it. It sounds good, though.) I am finished grading the essays for my two largest classes. The remaining three classes should be scored by the end of next week. It's the best I can do.

As I have said before, this week and next are dedicated to grading, so the classes will be doing straight forward lessons on grammar and essay writing. We have been working on subject and verb since the beginning of the year a little at a time. We will continue that through diagramming sentences eventually. That will be fun.

The classes are now starting to get time in the lab. That does not mean that they cannot work on the essays at home on their computers. Since I will be taking the score from the computer, they should be trying as hard as they can to raise their scores.