Thursday, October 26, 2006

October 25 & 26, 2006

I did not get to write yesterday. Actually, I forgot. I am so focused on grading the essays. Luckily, they are all done! Yeh, me! I finished section 7 and sent out the updated grades. As far as grades go, I have a few pieces of make-up work, the quiz 1-3, and another participation grade waiting to go in the book. I will also be putting in the GoMyAccess score for the My Favorite Person essay. (I do need to give the quiz to two classes, and I may curve the scores. I want to see how they all did.)

As far as what is coming up, we will begin our next essay next week. We will be studying the poem "The Highwayman." It is a great poem, but it is not very accessible to seventh graders. I am not worried, though. My students did fine on it last year. This will be another GoMYAccess prompt, but I will score this one, unlike the favorite person one.

First marking period is almost over.