Tuesday, October 17, 2006

October 17, 2006

I have had a few parents asking what the current writing assignment is. You can find it here: http://www.mrboz.com/school/assignments/assignment_favorite_person_gomyaccess.html . I asked the students to have a favorite person and some reasons why they admire him/her for Wednesday.

The schedule for the essay is very hard to list. That is why I do not have due dates on the calendar. I am trying to get my students into the writing lab during the two planning periods of other the grades' teachers. Most days I can only get two classes into the lab. The district wants this essay entered by October 31, so I am trying to fit this in.

During class we studied grammar, talked a little about the topic, and we listened to students reading their essays. We will be working on little things in class for the next two weeks. I want them to focus their energies on getting the highest score they can on the GoMyAccess essay. Each day's lessons will be aimed at helping them revise their essays.