Tuesday, October 10, 2006

October 10, 2006

We have finished typing in the Dylan essays. No, I have no idea what is next. We will probably spend some time sharing some of the better essays. Maybe we will focus on grammar for a little while. We do have a basic essay that we have to write for GoMyAccess for the next time. Maybe we will get a jump on that. Many students can use the program at home. Who knows?

All of the essays have been submitted. I am taking the score the Approximator gave the essays and making it a 50 point grade. Since we were all scored the same, I feel it was fair.(I got a 6 FYI, but my readability grade level was low.) Over the next few weeks (about 20 hours worth of reading), I will grade the essays as a human. Just because Johnny got a 6 from the computer does not mean he writes on a 6 level (out of 6). I will offer some feedback they can apply to their next essays.

There is a vocab quiz tomorrow, but since we did not do much of anything with the unit, I will be allowing the classes to use their books(shhhh). We might spend the next week reviewing units 1-3 instead of doing a regular unit. I will look at the calendar.

If I sound like I don't know what is coming up next, there is a reason. I don't. :) But that keeps it fun. I will coordinate with Ms. Wallace to keep the two of us together.