Thursday, March 31, 2011

The magazine project is due tomorrow.

Sections 3, 4, 5, and HB
I told the students to think about the presentation like it is a test.  I have spent 2 1/2 weeks teaching them about advertising using their magazines and TV ads.  Now it is time to show me what you have learned.  The magazine was supposed to be one that they found interesting.  This way, as they learn about the lessons I taught, they can see how advertisers target them in their magazines.  However, too many just brought in any old magazine.  I do not think they got as much out of this as possible.  I do hope their eyes have been opened to a few things that advertisers do to manipulate them.

The magazine presentation should be detailed and organized.  The students should deliver the answers to the questions on this page in order.  I also recommend a poster board so they do not have to flip lots of sheets around.

Section 6
We will work on the projects in class for one more day.  Then they must be done over the weekend.