Tuesday, January 30, 2007

January 30, 2007

Homework: Pictionaries 11-20 and Choosing the Right Word
Continue to work on the essay
Be sure parents have filled out the sheet

I handed out grade slips today for the third marking period. I wanted the students to see how they were doing so far. It was more of an update.

Report cards will be handed out Wednedsay. I will not be here. In class I will be expecting the students to work on the essay. Today we discussed the general format of the essay. I can guess from the discussion today that most students don't really know what they are going to write. That is fine. Neither do I! I was sitting and working on my essay for at least an hour today. The best idea I came up with is pretty lame. But, it will have to do. I am writing a detailed explanation of what my goals are for my children.

In some classes, we listened to the song "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts. The song is about a parent's wish for his child. It is touching. I wanted the students to discuss how they would agree or disagree with that parent's goal for his child.