Tuesday, February 06, 2007

February 6, 2007

Homework: Finish Unit 9
Quiz on unit 9 Thursday
Make sure essay #3 is done for Wednesday (tomorrow)

It feels like it has been a while since I wrote on this blog. I did not blog on Thursday due to the incident at the school. Since then, there have been two in-service days. So here we are.

That is how class felt today. Today we did a few things. We organized the three essays into folders so we can have students read through the three essays. I want the students to determine which of their three essays they should read to the class. It will provide a way to discuss what a good essay looks like.

I also handed out the next topic. In reading class, the students are finishing studying "The Monsters are Due on Maple Street." This is an episode of The Twilight Zone. The story has a twist at the end. The topic is too long to list here. I will make a page for MrBoZ.com soon. You can see the whole topic there.