Thursday, January 04, 2007

January 4, 2007

Homework: be finished 1-20 pictionaries unit 7
get a notebook for grammar and "Daily Buzzwords"

There were not as many debates left as I thought. Therefore, I will be getting some grades into the book soon. Look for a grade update early next week. I have to add in the ant essay turned in (25 pts), the 4-6 quiz (35 pts), and the results of the debate (100pts).

Today, some classes started grammar. I plan to complete unit 11 in the grammar book we are using. It covers nouns, adjectives, and pronouns. It may sound simple, but the book is not. This is an "old-school" grammar book (no pictures!). Discussing these parts of speech allows discussion of all parts of the sentence.

I also put up the first of three essay topics. You can see the assignment here: http://www.mrboz.com/school/assignments/assignment_essay1_january_writing_month.html . I will be having the students write three essays. They will then choose one to read to the class and have scored. Since I want their full effort on each essay, I will not put up the next topic until the first one is handed in. I don't need them blowing off two essays and only writing one. They should do their best on each one. I will be giving them time to write more in class.