Thursday, September 24, 2015

Three purposes for reading My Favorite Chaperone

Homework:
     Section 1
          Quizzes on literary terms and unit 1 vocabulary tomorrow.
          The questions are due.  Share with mrbozhb@gmail.com.  

     Sections 2 & 3
           Students should continue to read My Favorite Chaperone and answer the questions using their online book.  Please see my main page for the links.

Section 1 made presentations that address the three purposes for reading My Favorite Chaperone:
1. Performance task on challenges and adjustments of immigrants
2. Know and apply the literary terms to the story
3. Develop their close reading skills per the Common Core Standards

I suggest you take some time to explore these:
Objective Summary
Theme developed through characters, setting, and plot
How incidents propel the action
How imagery is used in the story
Challenges and adjustments made by immigrants in the story
Literary terms in My Favorite Chaperone