Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Section 1 Only

Section 1
Homework: Literary terms quiz and vocaulary quiz Friday.  Use Quizlet.

Today: We studied the writer's choices for half of the text, and I think the students understood what I was looking for.  So I decided to allow them to dissect the text using the skills I have taught.  The students were divided into groups which are responsible for one of the three purposes for reading this text.

The students will present Thursday.  I expect each member has contributed to the presentation.
I expect each group to make a Google Slides presentation and share it with mrbozhb@gmail.com. Students were encouraged to collaborate using Google.

I worked with each group in class.  They seem to have a clear understanding of what they are responsible for presenting.  I will take the presentation as a SUMMATIVE grade.

Ansley6
provide an objective summary of the text.
Jazmin6
Adam6
Cassidy6
Tristan6
Haley1
CC.8.R.L.2 I will be able to determine a theme or central idea of a text and analyze its development over the course of the text, including its relationship to the characters, setting, and plot;
Julie1
Jonathan1
Jessica1
Andy1
Vivek1
Kashish2
CC.8.R.L.3 I will be able to analyze how particular lines of dialogue or incidents in a story or drama propel the action, reveal aspects of a character, or provoke a decision.
Katelyn2
Sydney2
Alan2
Mabel2
Albert2
Yaheliz3
CC.8.R.L.4 I will be able to determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative and connotative meanings; analyze the impact of specific word choices on meaning and tone, including analogies or allusions to other texts.
Abigail3
Jinay3
Luis3
Michael3
Andrew4
Challenges and adjustments faced by immigrants
Aidan4
McKenzie4
Lauren4
Makena4
Jorge5
All the literary terms in the story
Katharine5
Camille5
Daniel5
Nicole5