Friday, September 18, 2015

Grades have been updated in HAC

Section 1: I entered the homework from five vocab homework assignments as one grade.  That is what I do.  They will have  three more homeworks next week rolled into one grade. There will be a quiz Friday that will be a summative.

All Sections:
I added two grades to HAC.  The first is an FYI.  Each day we have been doing reading comprehension warm-ups.  I wanted to show you how they are doing in general.  These scores are helping Mrs. Jamison and I focus in on the students who need more help.  The second score, which counts, was on today's warm-up, which I told them would be scored.  I figured nine practice assignments was good enough to prepare them for what I want to see.

All sections are now reading My Favorite Chaperone.  Sections 2 and 3 will get access to their online books on Monday so they can work on their questions at home.

We will be taking the Scholastic Reading Inventory on Monday.  I will use the computer time to get students squared away on what I expect them to be doing at home.

Have a nice weekend.

-MrBoZ