Thursday, September 01, 2011

September 1, 2011

Homework:
Sections 4 and 5 need to bring their vocab money in next week.
The other sections have no homework. Enjoy the weekend.

Today:
We wrote down our goals for ourselves for this year on a 3x5 card.  I plan to review them and check in on the progress throughout the year.  We took notes on how to approach a poem or a piece of writing.  (Please see the daily notes link on MrBoZ.com.  We read the poem "Ode to Los Raspados" by Gary Soto.  I planned on having some writing time, but we did not get to it.

On Tuesday, I will be giving a grammar diagnostic test. 

If you are interested, here are my goals for my classroom:
1. Write at least 700 words a week.
2. Teach the students that they have a story worth telling.
3. I want to improve their vocabulary and grammar.
4. I want to help the students to become more positive and supportive.  I will not tolerate negative energy in the room.  We are here on earth to build each other up, not tear each other down.