Thursday, September 08, 2011

September 8, 2011

Homework:
  • All students are to have 700 words written tomorrow.  We will check them in class.  700 words will earn a 100%.  Less will earn less.
  •  Parents should enter their data on my website.

Today:
I had students enter some dates in their agenda:
  • September 16- Rough draft of 200 word piece
  • September 21- Good draft of the 200 word piece
  • September 23- Good draft of a creative piece from workshop

The 200 word piece is from this writing contest that I would like my students to enter.  Click here for details.

I gave students at least 25 minutes to write in class today.  The 700 words will provide topics for writing about.  I want students to get better at pulling words from their heads.  Too many students only want to write the bare minimum.  I believe many of the great things I have written are not found until I am immersed in the process of writing.  After a while, what you want to say comes out.