Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August 31, 2011

Homework:
Sections 4 and 5 are to purchase vocabulary books.  I sent home a letter.  The book is $10.
The other classes will not be using the vocabulary book as of now.  I might reconsider at a later date.

Today:
We started the class off with some journal time.  We answered a question and began accumulating the required 700 written words a week.  In one class, the kids counted their words.  Most wrote only around 70 words in 8 minutes.  I will explain this weekly assignment more as the marking period progresses.

Next we copied the Barney rules that I have posted in my room.  Then we watched an episode of Barney.  I want my students to be as close to a Barney classroom as possible.  The class will not be perfect, but we can try.  Here are the rules:

Be caring.
Be fair.
Be honest.
Be responsible.
Respect the rules.
Cooperate with others.
Share with others.
Respect people’s differences.
Be helpful.
Respect the feelings of others.
Do what Barney would think is best.