Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Please have your child sumbit his/her essay to the writing contest.

Parents,
I forgot to tell the kids to submit the 200 word pieces to the writing contest!  That was the whole reason we were writing these 200 word pieces in the first place!  Here is the address: http://www.arthurjturnerjrscholarship.org/writingcontest/

I told the kids weeks ago that I wanted a winner from H.B.  After grading sections 4 and 5's  essays, I think we have some really good pieces.  Please check the HAC.  If the grade is above 90, please encourage your child to submit.

Homework:
I will be out Wednesday.  I expect the students to work in class.  They will have some things due.  They should have the Choosing the Right Word for Unit 2 completed.  Most importantly, they should have a good draft of their creative piece.  They should be ready to read to the class.