Monday, September 26, 2011

Goal for this week: Creative piece due Friday

Homework:
  • All classes have pictionaries for unit 2 vocabulary due Tuesday.
  • All classes have a creative piece due Friday. (So do I for that matter!)

Today:
  • We started the next unit in vocabulary. That took some time.
  • I reviewed the grammar lessons we have been studying.  I will wrap these lessons up tomorrow with a brief assessment. (I plan to teach grammar a little tighter next unit.)
  • I checked off sections 4 and 5 for their 700 words from last week. (I will get to the other three Tuesday.)

Requirements for Friday: A Celebration of Our Work!
  • Have a neatly typed or written piece to hand in on Friday.
  • Be ready to read it to the class, or part of it if it is too long.
  • Students MUST read the piece to the class.
  • If the piece is a poem, I think it should be about 100 words.
  • Narratives and essays should be 500 -700 words or so.  (More is fine. It is their piece!)
  • (Most students should get an A for this assignment!)