Monday, March 08, 2010

March 8, 2010

Homework:
Yes, I did tell the students that they need to bring in a magazine on Wednesday.  That magazine will be used in class and out for the next two weeks.  They will eventually be doing an oral presentation on the magazine.

I gave them some guidelines for the magazine.  First, I said that they should bring one that they are interested in.  Sure, they can bring in Dad's Golf magazine, but that will make the assignment boring.  Next, the magazine should have ads and articles in it.  It should not be a catalog or a magazine that just has pictures of famous people as posters.  Finally, the magazine should be appropriate for school.  Girls can have a magazine like Teen Vogue or Girls' Life.  Boys can have magazines like SI, Skateboarding, or a gaming magazine.  However, students should not have magazines like GQ, Vogue, or Maxim.  Those magazines are for adults.

I did say that I would post this information on my blog in case parents needed to buy their child a magazine.  If that is the case, buy a magazine that you think is appropriate for your child.  If you cannot afford a magazine, I have some in school.  If you have extras, I will give extra credit.  I can always use extras.
Thank you.