Friday, March 26, 2010

March 26, 2010

Homework:
The magazine presentation is due Monday.  It will be worth a test grade.  We have been studying these concepts for the past month, and I want the students to demonstrate their understanding.

You can see the sheet I will use during the presentations here.  They must mention all of these things and explain.  To receive an A, the students must be organized and show a clear understanding of their magazines.  I recommend they write out the information and practice giving the presentation to someone.

Some students are a little confused about what to explain.  Think of it this way.  Imagine a person reading your magazine.  That person is the audience of the magazine.  Who buys that magazine and reads it?  What are their interests?  How do advertisers sell their products to that audience?  Ideally, the student bought a magazine they are interested in.  It would make the task easier.  The audience is them!  However, too many students just used one of mine. Those magazines are aimed at all types of audiences.

If you have questions, e-mail me at home: bozmd@comcast.net  I have a very busy weekend, but I usually check this e-mail on my phone.