Friday, March 05, 2010

March 5, 2010

The students handed in their DSTP practice today for the timed writing exercise.  We will score them next week to understand how they will be scored during testing. (A few students needed a little extra time.  They MUST have their pieces on Monday.)

If you look at the HAC, you will see that I entered that the final draft of the sci-fi story was handed in on-time.  In my class, I believe doing the writing is important, so I reward the effort.  (I am also amazed that so many students cannot hand assignments in on-time!  Any score less than 25 means the piece was turned in late.)  I am in the process of scoring the stories now.  It will take a little while.  I think I will have them done by Thursday.

Enjoy the warmer weather this weekend.  I don't think it is supposed to stick around.