Tuesday, January 08, 2008

January 8, 2008

Homework:
Pictionaries 11-20 and synonyms unit 7
The rough draft of the DuPont Challenge is due Monday

Today:
I am teaching the students a new daily drill. We are focusing on introductions for the month of January. There is a page explaining the new daily drills on www.mrboz.com.
It is located under the daily drill archives.

Some classes reviewed the next 10 words in unit 7.
Students continued to present their topics. After each presentation I question the student to see how much he knows and try to get him thinking about places in his topic where he could do more research. Every presentation is a lesson.

As soon as the presentations are done, we will look at a sample essay and discuss a suggested outline. My goal is to have the rough draft written by Friday. I will put a link to the suggested outline sheet on my web page tomorrow.

I hope to have a grade slip by the end of the week. I only have a few grades to enter.