Thursday, January 10, 2008

January 10, 2008

Homework:
Completing the sentence unit 7
Draft of the DuPont Challenge is due Monday.

Today:
We reviewed a sample DuPont Challenge essay. We looked at how it is organized and discussed techniques for improving the essay. I wanted to show the students a model so they have something to shoot for (or above).

I have also been told by Dr. T. Hounsell that the people at the DuPont Challenge only want the best of the best. Therefore, towards the end of next week, I will be teaching the students in sections 1 and 2 how to score essays. Those two classes will determine the top essays that need to be sent in. I do not have time to read all of them and decide. I will, however, be scoring the essays for a grade.

P.S. If you are interested, I have created a gallery of pictures for the renovation of my room. You can view the pictures on this page.