Friday, January 25, 2008

January 25, 2007

Homework:
None

Today:
Vocab
I discussed how my essay was progressing.
S.S.W. time to work on their essays

Message:
Dear Parents,
I assume by now you have received the gradebook login instructions from the school district. If you did not get these instructions by mail, please contact the office.
I wanted to let you know that I plan to update grades as often as I can, but I will say that I cannot spend all of my time entering grades. Although there are suggested timelines for entering grades, realistically I do my grades when I have a few to enter. When I do major updates, I will alert you with an e-mail. I am going to try a system of entering certain grades by the end of the week, but I do need time to grade things as well.
I also wanted to remind you that I have due dates posted on MrBoZ.com. There is a calendar and a daily blog to keep you informed of upcoming assignments.
The students are in the middle of a narrative essay right now. If you look on my website, you will see the prompt. The rough draft will be due around Wednesday with the good draft due Friday. The essay will be one of a few essays the students will chose from to submit their best essay. More details on that will follow.
Have a nice weekend.
-MrBoZ