Wednesday, January 30, 2008

January 30, 2008

Homework:
Flashcards section 6 and 7
Study for quiz 8
Bring rough draft to class tomorrow

Today:
Reviewed the rest of the vocabulary unit
Reviewed parts of speech
Read a sample essay that needed some improvement

In sections 1 and 2 we reflected on how we wrote our pieces. Another person read the essay. Tomorrow we will spend more time reading each other's essays. We discussed what the goal of the essay was. What was the reader trying to communicate through the event in the essay? I had one student who told me he meant to say one thing, but the reader was thinking he said another. I told him to think about that feedback. Maybe he needs to clarify something. Maybe he doesn't. I also discussed the feedback I received on my essay and what I planned to do with it.