Monday, April 16, 2007

April 16, 2007

Homework:
Completing the sentence Unit 11
Finish the audience sheets discussed in class today

Today:
Buzzword- We will have a quiz on the buzzwords for April 16- May 1 on May 3
I handed out a grade slip so they know how they are doing.
I gave them a list of all the upcoming projects for the media unit. They can check them off as we do them to keep themselves on track. You can see them here.

We discussed audience today. We began exploring how each magazine has a specific audience. You can determine this from the people in the magazine, the ads and the people in them, and the articles. For example, when I pick up a Seventeen Magazine, I know I am not the audience of that magazine. I do not see myself in any of the people in the magazine or the ads. The articles are not what I am interested in. The ads are not for products I would want to buy.

Each day, we will have a discussion and then have work time to apply the lesson and research their magazines.