Wednesday, April 11, 2007

April 10, 2007

Homework:
Pictionaries 1-10 Unit 11
Bring in a magazine for class

Today:
It was tough getting up this morning. Breaks can be so relaxing. I am not saying mine was, though. It was jam packed with stuff! However, it was good to be back.

Now that the bully letter is done and handed in, Miss Bastnagel and I are beginning a new unit. This unit will be on magazine and TV advertising. Over the next five weeks or so, we will be doing activities that discuss the persuasive aspects of ads and the values they contain. These activities address the media literacy requirements of the Red Clay curriculum.

If your child said he/she needed a magazine, that is correct. We want the students to study something they already read. I can give them a magazine if they need one. However, I am making bringing in a magazine a small grade because I see no reason why a child can not get a magazine from somewhere. If you have any questions, please e-mail me.

I will be posting the new assignment on the main web page sometime this week. I will post the packet I gave them so you can review some of the activities. This unit is always eye-opening. Pretty soon you child will be pointing out things you might never have noticed before. Let's hope so!