Tuesday, February 13, 2007

February 13, 2007

Homework:
None

What good is snow if you don't get a day off? Maybe we will have better luck Wednesday. If not, oh well. I don't want the students to miss their time in the writing lab anyway.

Today we listened to the reading of the story "The Night the Bed Fell," by James Thurber. The man reading the story enunciated well. I was showing the students what I expect to hear when they do their oral readings of their pieces. I will have a formal rubric soon. Basically, after listening to the piece today, they will have heard a perfect. They should shoot for that.

We also had another person read the three essays they wrote. Thursday, we will choose which piece will be read and which piece will be handed in for a grade. Then we can start recording!

If you are interested, I had to stay home with my son yesterday. He was hit in the mouth with a bat at my daughter's softball practice Sunday. Apparently, many people have similar stories of split lips and major injuries. It is scary, though, when it is your own child. He has a big boo boo lip now. I have pictures on my mobile blog.