Friday, February 09, 2007

February 9, 2007

Homework:
Finish "The Monsters are Due on Maple Street" essay for Monday.
(The assignment should already be on GoMyAccess. The draft can be there.)
Get the grade slip signed.

Today we did a number of things. The Daily Buzzword was fun to figure out. If you have not seen what I am talking about, there is a link on my web page. Go here to see one. Today's work required students to use process of elimination. It is interesting to listen to them figure out which answer is right. I try to get them right as well, so I explain how I deduced the answer. We are learning new words each day and practicing the important skill of trying to figure something out using any bits of information we have in our brain.

We also reviewed quiz 9. We went through the quiz question by question. Hopefully, students will see where they are going wrong and will ask for help.