Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Filming has commenced!

I have some goals in mind as we film these commercials.  I want them to see that ads are scripted and organized with a purpose: to persuade the viewer to buy their product.  I want them to understand some of the behind the scenes activities involved in the production of an ad.  They were to create a storyboard which I will use to organize their camera shots.  Later, I will join the shots together into an ad. Whereas some students wanted to just stand up and "wing it," I wanted them to see that ads are created. 

The next unit we are studying is persuasive writing.  Eventually, we will be studying the qualities of their supports.  Ads tend to appeal to the emotions more than logic.  We will analyze the arguments they used in their ads later.