Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Day 1 in the Library

The students are making progress.
Homework:
Quiz unit 9 on Thursday.  Students should finish their vocab book work for unit 9.  We will review the answers Wednesday.

Today:
 All classes met in the library to work on their sci-fi short stories.  Some students needed time to type.  Others needed to have someone read their piece for feedback.  No one is finished.  

All students need help with punctuating dialogue.  I plan to spend time teaching dialogue tomorrow.  I will give them some sites to practice with.  Then I will give them some typing time.

Hear is the example I showed some classes today.

“Oh, no!” cried Sally, “John, I think I’m going to be late!”
“What? Has your watch stopped again?”
Sally shook her wrist before examining the timepiece. “Again!” She tore it off and threw it on the floor. “This is the third time this week.”
"Don’t leave it there. Why don’t you take it back and get a refund?”
“Because, I lost the receipt.”
“You don’t always need one,” said her boyfriend after retrieving it from the green shag carpet.
With her left eyebrow arched, she asked, “Are you sure?”
“Yes, I am.” He winked, handing it back to her. “As long as it’s not all broken up.”