Thursday, April 21, 2011

Have a nice spring break!

We wrapped up the commercials.  Over the past two days, I have spent about 6 hours editing and producing the videos we filmed in class.   Today I showed the results to the students.  We had some really good laughs.  As much as I would like to post these for parents to see, I am wary of putting videos on the Internet.

I did tell the students that they can get a copy of their video if they bring in a memory stick. I would give them a copy, but they would have to assure me that their groups members are ok with it.  I never want a child to be humiliated on the Internet by something they did inside my class.

I hope the students come back rested!  We still have some writing to do before the end of the year!  We will be revisiting the Barney classroom idea we started the year with.  (Yep!  He's baaaaaack!)  We will be finishing up units 13, 14, and 15 in the vocab book.  We have a vocab final.  We have DCAS testing.  And I am sure we will be doing a little bit more grammar.  See?  We have plenty to do!

Rest up!  I know I will!
(But I do plan to update grades and get caught up.)