Friday, September 25, 2009

September 25, 2009

(I wasn't feeling Barney-like today.  I didn't want him to see me like this. I talked to the kids about how, even when we don't feel like it, we can try to be Barney-like.)

Homework: None

Today:
Daily Drill (see below)
Listen to "Thank you M'am" by Langston Hughes
React to the story

We will be studying this story and two other memoirs next week to prepare for another essay.  The "First Day" essay is in.  We will write another essay, get someone to read over both, and decide which one should be finalized to be graded.  I will get an assignment page up next week... after I figure out the essay topics they can choose.

The grades online are updated and include the quiz from Thursday.  I will enter this week's homework and participation later.

Daily Drill:
Friday, September 25, 2009 (M3)
Frequently Confused Words
     all together- everyone in the same place
                        We were all together for the dinner.
     altogether- entirely
                        He was altogether wrong.

1. We had a flat tire John was car sick and we got losted.
2. Chris thought I hope they will chose me for their teem.
3. The correct abbreviation for Doctor is ____
4. The correct salutation for a business letter to Dr. Ben Corliss is, “__”
5. The idiom “Winning the race was quite a feather in my cap” means …