Tuesday, September 15, 2009

September 15, 2009

Homework:
Pictionaries 11-20 unit 1
Do the synonyms section in unit 1


Today:
I introduced the students to the Daily Buzzword. They are to copy the word, the definition, and how the word is used. Then they are to use the responder to give their guess at an answer. If they get the answer right, I will eventually give them some extra credit towards their vocab grade. It is just for fun, though.

We also reviewed four frequently confused words. Here are the questions. They did these on the responders so I could see how they did. In the future, I will be counting these types of things for grades. They had these words in their notes.

1. I am going (a. to, b. too, c. two) the party later today.
2. I have (a. to, b. too, c. two) dogs I call Spot.
3. That question is (a. to, b. too, c. two) hard for me to figure out.
4. I was wondering, (a. whose, b. who’s) the coolest teacher in 7th grade?
5. If that isn’t your car in the driveway, (a. whose, b. who’s) is it?
6. Is (a. there, b. their, c. they’re) going to be a storm later today?
7. My parents said (a. there, b. their, c. they’re) going to meet me at school.
8. I took (a. there, b. their, c. they’re) lawn gnome, but they didn’t notice.
9. If (a. your, b. you’re) going past the mall, could you pick up a shirt for me?
10. Is that (a. your, b. you’re) dog digging up my yard?