Tuesday, September 01, 2009

September 1, 2009

Some students got into into the Barney mood!
Homework:
Please bring in the e-mail and permission slips.
Vocab book money

Today:
We had our first daily drill for practice.  Students must have a notebook that they can keep these organized in.  This is how I teach grammar.

We also started brainstorming for our first essay:  I want a Barney classroom.

Diagnostic Essay Topic:The setting of Barney is obviously idealized. I know that the show is made for children to teach them how to behave.  That being said, in a detailed essay, tell me why you think our classroom can or cannot be a Barney classroom.  Be sure to use specific examples from your life and the episode to explain your position.  Be persuasive.  Convince me that I am either being realistic or unrealistic to expect this to happen.