Wednesday, March 29, 2006

March 29, 2006

I realized that I did not blog that much last week.  Wow, what a crazy week.

Today we checked the pictionaries and synonyms in class.  Tonight's homework was to do the choosing.  Section 3 did them in class.

We studied one last blues artist today.  I always like to add onto what I did the previous year.  I decided we should at least look at John Lee Hooker.  We listened to the song "Boom Boom Boom."  I told the students I would make a blank version of the song so we could add our own lyrics.  That is now on the blues assignment page.

I do take the blues song seriously.  I hope the students take the time to prepare for the performance.  I know I will!  I work very hard on these lessons because I love doing them.  Many of the performances will be ok, but a few will be awesome!  We all excel at different things.  We also learn through different styles.  I try to appeal to many styles.