Thursday, February 09, 2006

February 9, 2006

The media literacy unit is underway! I am always so excited to do this unit. We get to spend three weeks studying the culture that we are each emersed in. I get to learn more about the lives of my students as they lead me through their magazines. The students, though, will begin to see their own world a little differently after I teach them a few things.

I will be handing out the media literacy packet Friday. It will list all of the requirements.

Today
Quiz 11
Check flashcards for sections 3,6,7
Work on text/ad ratio of magazines
Assign the next step: list all the products advertized in the magazine

Homework
I would like the students to come in with their numbers
How many pages of text/ads/half and half do they have?

PI's
7.176 follow written and oral directions.
7.186 evaluate texts and media presentations for bias and misinformation.