Friday, February 03, 2006

February 3, 2006

I have a substitute in today. These are the plans I left. I am in Dover for three days scoring essays for the DSTP. We are setting benchmarks that the professional company will use to score this year’s DSTP writing tests. It should be interesting!

Friday
1. Take role using the seating chart.
2. Using the vocab book, please review the answers for Completing the Sentence on page 127.
3. Start on page 393. Have them read the section on noun clauses. Trust me, they will have no idea what is being talked about. But maybe some will. Just have them read it all the way down to exercise 9.
4. Have them complete exercise 9. I would be happy if they could just find the noun clauses. It would be great if they could see how the clause is acting like a person, place, or thing. If you feel comfortable discussing the various uses, feel free.
5. They can then work on Review Exercise B on 398. Again, I would like them to be able to find the clauses. If they can identify them, that would be great.
6. They could also do the Posttest 1. I would see if they can find the INDEPENDENT clauses.
7. They can work on vocab if there is extra time.

PI's
7.104 use complete sentences varied in length and structure.