Friday, February 17, 2006

February 17, 2006

Today we will continue studying the advertsing techniques in full force. I will finish discussing them so that the students can start finding them in their magazines. It is important that they can not only find examples, but they should also be thinking about the questions on the chart. I want them to begin questioning why that technique is being used and if it is effective... or even true!

Most of Unit 12 should have been done for today as well. I am noticing that the scores of the quizzes are going up. I believe that is because we are checking the answers in class as a grade. It is important that the students have the correct answers. I believe too many were just filling in anything so that it looked done when I walked around.

I hope you have all seen your child's grades. If you are not receiving them by e-mail, please let me know, and I will add you to the list. Please read the messages on the classroom page. I take time to explain what we are doing in class so that you can can discuss these topics with your child when you have time. I am busy too.