Sunday, February 08, 2015

I have entered some grades on HAC

I entered two grades taken on Friday.

The first is see how the students could apply the literary vocabulary to the movie Searching for Bobby Fischer.  They were to go to this form and answer the questions with sufficient details from the movie.  I graded each answer on its accuracy and supports. This counted as a summative.


The second grade was formative.  This is one of two questions students must answer.  Students were to brainstorm these questions.  I told them that I would choose two of them.  Ultimately, I allowed them to do the one the felt the most confident about.  On Monday or Tuesday, students will answer a second question.  This time I hope they use a lot more details! I will grade the second question as a summative.

Section 1 had two other grades entered Friday.  We are done the literary and critical vocabulary tests.

Sections 2 and 3 took the literary vocabulary test as a formative.  We have been studying these words and I wanted to see how much they have learned.  They will have time to practice these words this week and take another test as a summative.

This is the list of literary vocabulary as well as the Quizlet practice page.
This is the list of critical vocabulary as well as the Quizlet practice page.

Our goal for this coming week is to wrap up applying the literary vocabulary to the movie and then apply them to the short story called The Chaperone.