Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Establishing Routines

Homework:
Bring KBAR books to class tomorrow.
Section 1: Not all students have brought in the $35.00 check for Additional Student 
Consumables listed on the 8th grade supply list.

At this point, all students should have a book for KBAR time.  Today we started the routine of reading in class.  Next week I will establish the procedures for tracking time spent reading at home and thinking about what was read.  This is basically what I will be doing.  (I will be making some adjustments.  Section 1 will do their responses on our class wiki I handed out the passwords today.)

Section 1
I spent time briefly showing the students where they can find the resources to start their short stories.  I would like all students to watch this video and look at the notes I created from the video.  I will be referring to the techniques in the video, but I will not be showing the video in class.

Please see the resources on the Short Story page I have made for class.
(I have to fix a few links.)