Saturday, March 15, 2014

Section 2 argument essay scores are entered in HAC

The average grade of the class, based on the rubric,  was an 87. Middle Competent is an 85.  I saved the score of Advanced for those papers that, according to the rubric, did the following:
  • Had logical reasons and relevant evidence that convincingly supports the claim
  • Opposing claims are effectively addressed
  • Reasons and evidence are organized logically and consistently
  • Transitions effectively connect reasons and evidence
If I graded too strictly, the other argument paper grade balances it out.  :) But when I look at the grades, I see which papers are the strongest.  I want the A's to be A's.

  I highlighted each paper that was sent to me so I could evaluated the organization and supports.  I also put some notes in the pdf's.  I will try to send the highlighted piece back soon.

I should go out and enjoy the weather a little.