Sunday, December 22, 2013

Sections 2 & 3: I graded the Algernon packets

I looked at each page and gave a score. I averaged them on a spreadsheet.  If you want to know why you got what you got, let me know. 

There are some students who did not turn in a packet.  Those are zeros.  Some students wrote down that they have the completed packet at home.  I gave them a temporary score of 75%. 

The purpose of looking at each of the pages and giving them a score was to see if there is a corelation between the amount of brainstorming the students did and how well they supported their positions in their essays.  The packet is the formative for the summative essay.

I will get to the essays soon.  I will be giving them two scores:
  • I will grade the overall organization since we studied outlining.
  • Then I will give the essay a content score based on how well the position was supported.