Friday, September 13, 2013

The first full week is over.

Homework:
Sections 2 and 3 do not have any homework.
Section 1 students who did not finish the assignment in class should finish their story map of "The Elevator."


Today
Sections 2 and 3
  • They took the literary terms test.  I will post the grades on HAC soon.  
  • I collected their short story analysis papers today.
  • I handed out the vocab books.
  • I am thinking of having a quiz on unit one at the end of next week.  We will see how smoothly we can get this rolling.

Section 1
  • We reviewed the story maps they created yesterday from the fairy tales.
  • Then we applied the story mapping to "The Elevator."
  • We reread the story and answered the questions.
  • I gave them time to finish, but not all did.
  • Next week, I will give the students their vocabulary books.
  • They will also practice writing a short story analysis.

Have a nice weekend.